Ontology Tutorial Series
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In addition to the general ontology category in this zWiki, a number of entries have been prepared specifically with the non-expert and user in mind. Here are the current seven chapters in this Ontology Tutorial Series:
- Intro to Ontologies - an executive-level introduction to ontologies, their uses and their benefits
- Ontology Development Methodologies - a survey of existing methods and approaches for how ontologies get built
- Ontology Tools - a comprehensive listing and categorization of nearly 200 tools for building, editing, maintaining and using ontologies; most of the tools are open source
- Lightweight, Domain Ontologies Development Methodology - a recommended approach and methodology for how existing practice and methods can be pragmatically combined to build and maintain ontologies
- Normative Landscape of Ontology Tools - a recommended approach and development path for the evolution of ontology tools suitable for use by knowledge workers and domain (non-ontology) experts
- Metamodeling in Domain Ontologies - an important structural consideration in how to build flexible and adaptive ontologies, and
- Ontology Best Practices - the capstone piece in the tutorial series that summarizes best ontology practices across all areas of use and maintenance.
- These tutorials were first published in M.K. Bergman's AI3:::Adaptive Information blog over the period of Aug. 9 to Sept. 20, 2010.