Archive 1.x:Dataset: Create/1.1
The Dataset: Create Web service is used to create a new dataset in a WSF (Web Services Framework). When a dataset is created, it gets described and registered to the WSF and accessible to the other Web services.
Developers communicate with the Dataset: Create Web service using the HTTP POST method. You may request any content type (*/*).
This documentation page is used for the version 1.1 of this endpoint. Check at the top of this page to see the documentation pages for the other versions of this endpoint.
This Web service is intended to be used by content management systems, developers or administrators to manage access to WSF (Web Service Framework) resources (users, datasets, Web services endpoints).
Web Service Endpoint Information
This section describes all you permissions you need in the WSF (Web Service Framework) to send a query to this Web service endpoint, and it describes how to access it.
To access this Web service endpoint you need the proper CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) permissions on a specific graph (dataset) of the WSF. Without the proper permissions on this graph you won't be able to send any queries to the endpoint.
- Create: True
- Read: False
- Update: False
- Delete: False
As shown on the graph URI:
Here is the information needed to communicate with this Web service's endpoint. Descriptions of the parameters are included below.
Note: if a parameter has a default value, the requester can omit it and the default value will be used. Also, some baseline Web services may not offer other values than the default.
Possible "Accept:" HTTP header field value:
- http://[...]/wsf/dataset/create/ ?uri=param1&title=param2&description=param3&creator=param4&webservices=param5&globalPermissions=param6
URI dynamic parameters description:
Note: All parameters have to be URL-encoded
- param1. URI to refer to this new dataset
- param2. Title of the dataset to create
- param3. Description of the dataset to create
- param4. Unique identifier used to refer to the creator of this dataset
- param5. Web services that can be used to access and manage that dataset. It is list of ";" separated Web services URI
- param6. Default global permissions for this dataset. False;False;False;False by default (so, no global permissions defined)
Query Answer from the Endpoint
If the query is successfully performed by the endpoint (i.e. the Web service resource has been properly created, updated or deleted), the endpoint will return the HTTP status message "200 OK" with an empty body. If an error occured, one of the HTTP status messages with the description of the error message in the body of the HTTP query will be returned.
HTTP Status Codes
Here are the possible HTTP status (error) codes returned by this Web service endpoint.
On error code and the specific error, a different message description can be issued (meaning a different error has been returned).
- Code: 200
- Message: OK
- Code: 400
- Message: Bad Request
- Message description: This dataset is already existing in this web services framework
- Message description: No unique identifier specified for this dataset
- Message description: No target dataset
- Message description: No Web service URI available
- Message description: Target Web service XYZ not registered to this Web Services Framework
- Message description: No access defined for this requester IP XYZ, dataset (XYZ) and Web service (XYZ)
- Message description: The target Web service (XYZ) needs create access and the requested user (XYZ) doesn't have this access for that dataset (XYZ)
- Message description: The target Web service (XYZ) needs read access and the requested user (XYZ) doesn't have this access for that dataset (XYZ)
- Message description: The target Web service (XYZ) needs update access and the requested user (XYZ) doesn't have this access for that dataset (XYZ)
- Message description: The target Web service (XYZ) needs delete access and the requested user (XYZ) doesn't have this access for that dataset (XYZ)
- Code: 406
- Message: Not Acceptable
- Message description: Unacceptable mime type requested
- Code: 500
- Message: Internal Error